Creative Window Display Video
Creative window displays are an ideal way to set your business apart from the competition. Windows are the billboard of your store, They’re a place to emphasize your unique identity, advertise merchandise and catch the attention of shoppers.
So how do you make a traffic-stopping display? The possible subjects are endless, but the key is to focus on a product or theme, not simply exhibit a collection of items.
Following basic design principles will enhance your displays. Here’s some advice from professionals
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to put in everything at once
- Keep your display clean and free from clutter or dust.
- Change the displays frequently to keep the look fresh for regular customers.
- Use repetition of shapes and colors to attract attention.
- Cluster items in groups of three or five. Odd numbers are most pleasing to the eye.
- Vary height and depth of items to carry the eye throughout the display. A pyramid or triangle is a pleasing shape.
- Continue the theme of the window display with other displays inside the store.
You may want to consider hiring a professional freelance window designer, consulting with a store design firm or getting advice from visual merchandising personnel at local department stores.
Other resources include magazines such as
Display and Design Ideas (www.ddimagazine.com),
Views & Reviews (www.retailreporting.com)
Visual Merchandising & Store Design (www.stpubs.com),
as well as books
like Martin Pegler’s Store Windows No. 11
Mary Portas’ Windows: The Art of Retail Display.